Monday, March 1, 2010

ala'y nakauwi rin!

(note: "ala'y" is how real batangueƱos pronounce "ala eh". pronouncing it as "ala eh" sounds fake.)

this sounds weird coming from me -- the city-loving, trying-to-be-independent little lady who wanted so much to live in the metropolis on her own. but yea, i sooo looked forward to going home to the province last sunday. (what?!) i think it has been 2 months since the last time i went home.

i miss our house. i miss sleeping in my little violet room. i miss my lovely baby blue and gold bathroom with shower heater (heheheaven!). i miss our kitchen. i miss our TV. i miss our very comfy couch. i miss our kitchen countertop. i miss my parents' and brother's rooms. but i think, i really miss THEM. (cheesy, i know. eww. haha!)

when my dad & i arrived home at 4am, i was touched to see my room spic-and-span. as in the curtains newly washed. the floor vacuumed. new bedsheet and blanket and pillow cases. ang sarap matulog! when i woke up, mom made us her new breakfast recipe (which i shall keep a secret for now since we might just launch it in sizzlers' blends eventually, wahoo!)

then my bro & my mom & i hung out at my brother's room. just making chika and catching up and laughing like crazy people. oh yea! my brother will be graduating from highschool this month. wahoo! his graduation will fall on a friday, and my dad was like "ate, ikaw muna sa sizzlers' ha." and i was starting to complain coz he's going to make me miss work. then my brother said "wala ka sa grad ko ate? wag nalang. dapat complete." and i was thinking... 'it's your brother's graduation and you're not freaking going? what are you thinking?' so ok. i'm going, i'm going! then he'll be living in QC in a couple of months. ngyaha! i think we're going to hang out more often. he's already telling me that he'll be staying in my place once in a while. actually, he wants to stay there on fridays. (and i go, "not every friday ha!" haha!) basta dapat may dala syang allowance. kung hindi yari ang sweldo ko haha! lagi pa naman yun humihirit ng starbucks and restaurants "na wala sa lipa". and i always give in. hayayay!

for the past few days, i haven't been all jolly and gay. some of my unfortunate friends (who i have ranted to. thank you for bearing with me, btw.) know that. so it feels good to just be with my family again. after weeks of fending for yourself, ang sarap pala na may nagluluto para sayo haha (lalo na pag nag-aral pa sa culinary school yung nagluto. o ha!)

image from zainulabidin.files.wordpress.com

No comments: