Monday, March 29, 2010

highschool and college

last friday, i went back to my highschool alma mater to attend my brother's graduation. omigosh. it has been 8 years since the last time i've been here, wearing my own toga and accepting my own diploma.

it has been 8 years since i felt excited and curious and just a wee bit anxious about college. about transferring to a new school. about finally staying in metro manila. i didn't know what to expect. i had lots of questions. will by little brain be able to cope up with college education? i don't know a thing about freaking programming languages. more importantly, will i have any friends? i didn't know anyone. will i be able to fit in, with all these rich kids? tapos i'm a probinsyana pa!

turns out, i didn't need to fit in. in college, it's your business. in college, you do your own thing. i guess i got my "anti-social" personality here. don't get me wrong. i do have lotssss of friends (mostly from my org). i found the bestest/coolest/hippest/funnest/most diverse people in college. some of them are even my close friends until now :)

but there are times when i ate lunch alone. i studied alone. i shopped alone. i got hair treatments alone. i watched movies alone. and i LOVED it. back in highschool, if you ate alone during lunch, you're a loser. in college, no one really cares.

so yeah, college is my favorite student-life phase. i got to spend lots of time with my friends. but i also got to be with myself. i hope my brother would have a grand time too!

No comments: