Wednesday, February 23, 2011

dreaming of falling teeth

for the past two days i have been having vivid dreams. and both of them got me thinking. one dream is actually about myself, watching what i do in real life, which made me see my actions in a different perspective. but we'll leave that for now. 

the other dream is about me having falling teeth. out of all the dreams that i could remember, this is the recurring incident (my mom has a different one - struggling to climb up the ladder/stairs). it has happened many times on different phases of my life. i got curious, so i checked the net to find the meaning of this dream.

according to bellaonline.com, "Teeth are symbolic of the ability to make decisions, and problems with teeth can be related to indecisiveness." hmmm... not far-off actually.

the author of the article says that in this kind of dream, the meaning of the dream is based on how i feel about the dream. and i would have to say... 

"Are you anxious about losing the teeth? Any anxiety in dreams generally means there is something in real life that's also causing anxiety. Do you have anxiety about any changes coming up? Are you fearful about making a wrong decision?"

and there goes the "fear" again. hrrmm... i think my subconscious is really telling me something. 

hay Lord.

4 comments:

Nitpicker said...

according to a book of dream interpretations that i have. teeth falling out means bad news coming up. i hope this book isnt as accurate as the one i used to have.

"if you lose your teeth' you will have burdens which will crush your pride and demolish your affairs.

... for one tooth to fall out foretells disagreeable news; if 2 it denotes unhappy states that the dreamer will bplumged into from no carelessness on their part.."

haha but its just a book. good luck.. :P

Little Lady said...

uh-oh.. i hope it's not that bad, coz i sure lost a lot of teeth in my dream =S hehe but thanks :) i can do this! :D

Kirk Andrew said...

i just had a similar dream last night. it was so scary. it felt so real that when i woke up, the first thing i did was check on the mirror if any of my teeth really had fallen out. haha. pero freaky talaga. somebody told me before that it was a sign of death or something. but research told me that falling teeth is actually one of the most common dream themes. hahaha. wala lang.

Little Lady said...

@kirk haha maraming beses ko na napanaginipan yan. pero buti nalang hindi sa totoong buhay, kung hindi puro pustiso na ko :))