Monday, February 21, 2011

CoverGirl Advanced Radiance Liquid Makeup

last year i have started using mousse and liquid makeup to even out my skin tone. i use Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse and Revlon Beyond Natural Tinted Moisturizer alternately.

once my emptied my tinted moisturizer tube, i started looking for a new product but with the same characteristics - liquid, light on the skin, moisturizing, reasonably priced (a.k.a. drugstore product hehe), SPF would be a plus, and hopefully with a bit more coverage since tinted moisturizer is too sheer.

after searching on the net and beauty counters, i opted for CoverGirl Advanced Radiance Liquid Makeup. i must say i am loving it! 

at first i tried my usual regimen which is Physiogel moisturizer then makeup. but my face became too oily and i had minor breakouts. so i tried skipping the moisturizer (since CG Advanced Radiance already has Olay in it - which is amazing!). the finish was just right and no more breakouts :) 

first that you would notice is the pleasant scent. i do love the scent, but if you're sensitive to scented products then you might want to rethink using this. it glides easily unto skin and blends well too. yep, it has a bit more coverage than my previous tinted moisturizer, but not as much as my mousse foundation, so i can't double it up as a concealer. but that's fine, i'd want my skin to breathe anyway. the mixture of olay is really a plus :) and there's SPF 10 too. the negative comment that i have read about this product is that it makes skin "greasy". hmm... well my mineral mousse does make my skin stay matte longer. there may be an oily feel after a couple of hours with this CG liquid makeup, but nothing that oil-blotting paper or a dab of powder can't fix :)

No comments: