Monday, October 5, 2009

extremely lucky

the philippines has been hit hard, hasn't it? ondoy's wrath has come as a surprise for almost everyone. a lot of people had flood fill their homes for the first time.


given the circumstances, i consider myself and my family as extremely lucky. in ortigas, ADB Ave was not flooded. my grandparents' house in qc was dry as well. my family and i were separated throughout the storm, though. i was stuck on ortigas (with no water), mom & dad were in qc (with no electricity), and my brother was in batangas. come sunday afternoon though, my parents and i were able to get home to batangas safely. thank you Lord!

it is during times like these that the heroes come out. i am glad and proud that there are a lot of filipinos who stepped up and reached out. mabuhay kayo! :)

(photo from gmanews.tv)

No comments: